Be the change
you wish to see in the world
on the lives we touch, never fade
We serve with Love
The little you can do is big- if you can just remove pain and fear from a creature.
150+Life saving operations
WHO WE ARE
“MaishaMema Foundation Tanzania” is a charitable non-profit–organization located at Grabs/Switzerland and Tanzania. The organization is politically and denominationally independent but based on Christian values. The organization aims to achieve the support and improvement of the people’s better health in Tanzania, including construction, operation and organization of a nursing department, self-help groups, educational health related courses, prevention programmes, obtaining of medicine and establishment of health facilities in the country. The organization is neither commercially nor profitably oriented.
In April 2014, founder Bettina Kuria travelled to Bukoba and discovered that the Region of Kibanga has the largest number of Malaria-cases in Tanzania as well it is challenged with perennial waterborne diseases and other transmittable diseases. The level of poverty is high in Kibanga and people often can’t afford fundamental health care. This led her and her colleagues to the vision of building a dispensary, accessible for everybody, regardless of his or her wealth. In 2016 the NGO Maisha Mema Foundation was funded. After that land was bought and the construction process started. In 2019 the doors of the dispensary finally opened. .
Maisha Mema Foundation Tanzania envisions a future where rural, under-served communities have access to quality health care services based on respect and dignity towards improving livelihoods.
- Respect to all
- Creativity and Individuality
- Teamwork/ Partnership
Our mission is to provide quality healthcare services to needy individuals in Tanzania through:
- Construction of affordable health facilities in the strategic locations in Tanzania, through which health care services will be delivered,
- Mobilization and Training of health workers in Identified locations in the country to enable quality, relevant and focused services both in Private and Public facilities
- Dissemination of health information to community members, schools, health centres/facilities, as a way of addressing key issues such as family planning, hygiene, dental care, etc
- Mobilization of voluntary health and community workers to needy communities to in Tanzania
The Maisha Mema Dispensary Team has 22 Employee’s
BOARD MAISHA MEMA FOUNDATION TANZANIA IN SWITZERLAND
- Heinz Staeheli: Chairman
- Bettina Kuria- Isler: Vice Chairman
- Hildegard Faessler: Treasurer
- Kathrin Tanno: Communication
- Elisabeth Moebes: Assessor
- Annemarie Kluser: Assessor
BOARD MAISHA MEMA FOUNDATION TANZANIA IN TANZANIA
- Musa Lubango: Chairman
- Bettina Kuria- Isler: Secretary
- Jofrey Daudi: Treasurer
- Mastidia Byanyuma: Member
- David Kuria: Member
- Audax Buchira: Member
- Maximilian Kabairuka: Member
- Bettina Kuria- Isler, Executive Director
- Gration Ernest: Community Development Officer
- Frank Ngao: Accountant
- Emmanuel Mushi: Dr. In charge
How can I help
Hospice and Palliative Care Station
The family structure in Africa are slowly changing. Younger generations are moving to towns in order to find work. The older generation remains at hom...
Our motorbikes have to endure a lot. If rain, mud, sunshine, night or day, they are always in use. Therefore a second motorbike would be of great help...
We need more space! We are planning an administration building. The infirmary needs all the available space for patients. In the new administration bu...
Bank: Raiffeisenbank Werdenberg
IBAN: CH59 8080 8006 2156 6233 3
for: Maisha Mema Foundation Tanzania, Wiesenstrasse 15, 9472 Grabs
You will receive in January/ February of the following year a
donation receipt for your tax declaration.
In order to have a minimum of administrative cost we will acknowledge only donations over 300 swiss Franc with a letter.